Neonstorm & Dystopia: Prism Neonstorm & Dystopia: Prism

WOE DUDE THIS IS SO 1337;HAHA REALLY HAX LOLOL :3

Call the Butt Cheeks Call the Butt Cheeks

I literally cried. This is so deep.

Mischievous Guise Mischievous Guise

This is really cool. The effects at the beginning had me believing that it was going to be a really generic spooky halloween song, but when the 8bit stuff starting rolling in, I was mistaken. You have really unique compositional methods, but I think you can use more unique sounds. The sounds you used were fine, but they just didn't leave an impression. I really like it though. The mixing is quite good, much better than I can accomplish. Happy Halloween!

Neon-Bard responds:

Caught you off guard huh? Haha! :)

"You have really unique compositional methods..."

This means A LOT. I always thought that my style and methods were different (in a good way), but to know that someone else thinks so is just awesome! Thanks! :D

I certainly could have used more unique sounds though! Again thanks for the review, i really appreciate it! :)

Zel - Zel-Step One Zel - Zel-Step One

I rated this too soon. I gave it a 3 on the vote thingy, but I think it deserves more than that. I was expecting a heavier drop, but after I listened to the song all the way through, I realized that you were taking a much more chill interpretation of the genre, and I have to give you props for originality on that. I really like it. I do think the intro was quite long, but that is something that you choose. I think the song needed more bass, but it's nothing that a couple sine waves couldn't fix. Over all, not bad. I wish I listened to the whole song before I rated it.

zelazon responds:

Yea... I was watching some youtube videos on how to do bassdrops... and they did give me generally good advice on the whole bass drop thing, but it was pretty lacking in detail as how the professionals do it.

But I'll take the advice you give me... I think it will help me overall.

And don't worry about the score thing :). I want to improve more so than have people tell me that this is the best dubstep song they heard which wouldn't help me improve at all.

Uprising Uprising

Love the sound design on this one. I think the song in general could use more melodic bass. Theres enough in the bass drum, I just think it was lacking in sub bass. Over all, pretty snazzy. What VSTs do you use?

ToRtiK responds:

Mainly Nexus.
Thank you. :)

Prodigious Chickens Prodigious Chickens

I really like the drums at the beginning; the clap especially. I do think it can use a little more bass at the beginning to give it a better first impression. With just the acidy synth at the beginning and maybe some organ it just sounds a little thin. Once the bass kicks in at the second part it really starts groovin. Great work though, man. Do you use FL Studio as well? I can hear some hints of it in there.

Halcyon13 responds:

Thanks for the advice, man. That seems to be a fairly common comment. I'll try to add some bass and sub-bass to try to give it a fuller sound. To answer your question, yes I do use FL Studio! I think I mostly used Sytrus and Sawer on this song.

Feeling the Rain Feeling the Rain

This is my favorite of yours so far.

I can tell you put alot of emotion into this one. The rain sfx was very good. The bell synth brought back memories of runescape. It was rather nostalgic. great upload.

Monesmone responds:

Thanks, The melody came to me after playing around with a set of chimes and the rain, well the song sounded sad to me like a rainy day. I'm glad you liked it.

Plork! Plork!

Why have a pork loin when you can have plork?

It's alright. To me, it sounds rather experimental. Since I have no life, I can spot stock Sytrus sounds within seconds. I do like how you change things up at around 30 seconds. One thing I have to say is don't be afraid of the mixer. It is your best friends. If this song had drums that made slightly more sense and it was EQ'd, It would be really awesome. Although, I do really like the weirdness of this song. It reminds me of when I was playing around on FL Studio with a friends. Good old days. Cheers!

WorkInProgress - Just as Hard WorkInProgress - Just as Hard

Gaaaabber

Wow. It's been a long time since I've listened to a gabber song. I like the level the main synth is at. Personally, I think the drums and stuff at the beginning sound alittle dry. Also the intro just doesn't contain quite as much win as the rest of the song. If it wasn't for the awesome main synth, I might have clicked out. (you know, short attention sp-- woah is that a firetruck outs-- anyway..) Towards the end, it starts to sound much better, but still, the snare is slightly dry. Nothing a little reverb couldn't help. Overall, good job.

Hikari responds:

Woo! thanks for the imput. Yeah, im having a bit of trouble with the intro and my main kick. Will add some reverb! <3 Gabber. (the lead is suposed to be super distorted)[i have a real cool gabber setup now! so i wont be using those samples, even though there sexy]

Bitches Brew Bitches Brew

Fun little loop

The synth is pretty awesome. Just add a buildup and a drop or something and you have a new school drum and bass song.